Search This Blog

Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday Five-What is there to Smile About?


Jan posted this Friday Five "With the end of RevGalBlogPals' third annual Big Event, I am wondering who went and what it was like. There must be a lot of smiling from the Big Event! Hopefully, the rest of us are not frowning either.

So let us know how your past week was for you."

Write five different aspects of the week
OR answer the following questions:

1. When were you smiling lately?
I'm smiling mostly when I get home from the job that has become deadening lately...

2. What happened unexpectedly to you this past week?
Nothing. I had two-or was it three? trainings 9 meetings (including today-and I may be forgetting some) and a desk filled with work that should have been done.

3. How was a catastrophe averted (or not)?
I found the files!

4. What was the most delicious thing you ate?
Not lately. Lots of cafeteria food. I call it the Ptomaine cafeteria.

5. Did you see any good movies or read any books or articles?
Actually I read Jeffrey Deavers latest Katherine Dance book (on the subway back and forth to work) I think the name was Roadside Crosses. Highly recommended. Woman lead and info about grief.and trauma in a mystery.

Sorry for the down FF, but my life is a little overwhelming these days. Work, with the NY budget cut, has become unbearable and the little beach place, such a hassle that I am completely stressed~

9 comments:

DogBlogger said...

(((Processing Counselor)))

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

Hope the weekend brings you some smiles.

angela said...

Thanks for the book recommendation. I've got The Sleeping Doll on my wish list now--always need more mysteries to read at bedtime.

Sorry your job is going so crappy. Maybe you should take your lunch--I've long disliked cafeteria food too. And the atmosphere is not conducive for an introvert to recharge. I need outside or quiet. Do you too?

Pastor Joelle said...

You don't have to smile if you don't feel like it. :-( Sometimes life is like that. Hope things perk up soon!

Terri said...

Oh nooooo....the beach place really will be a place of refreshment...it's just, well difficult to do remodeling - expecially on top of that work load you have. Even though I am unemployed and have no real prospects in the future...so, any work sounds better to me than none. sigh...

I hope the weekend is relaxing and refreshing for you.

Mary Beth said...

oh rats. I hate to hear this. Hang in there. the beach place will be a joy soon. really it will!

Jan said...

(((PC))) You seem to be reflecting the mood of our country. . . .Glad you found the files! Wishing you peace amidst all the stress.

Muthah+ said...

PC, thoughts and prayers for you. Find some time to get outta Dodge. It is good for the soul.

Deb said...

(((PC)))

Wow. I am sorry your week was lousy, yea verily, sucketh. Some weeks are like that and I do understand... especially the jobs that eat your brains.

I will add your book title to my already growing pile.

peace and a better weekend...
:)