Friday, February 5, 2010
Sally posted this timely FF:
"Candlemass is past, and Christmas is well and truly over, here in the UK February looks set to be its usual grey and cold self. Signs of spring are yet to emerge; if like me you long for them perhaps you need ways to get through these long dark days. So lets share a few tips for a cold and rainy/ snowy day...."
1. Exercise, what do you do if you can't face getting out into the cold and damp?
What a novel idea? And speaking of novels, I climb back into bed if i don't have to go to work-which is exercise in itself- and read a book!
2. Food; time to comfort eat, or time to prepare your body for the coming spring/summer?
I tried Jenny Craig to prepare for an upcoming vacation but found that their food caused a very difficult stomach problem which had me in the bathroom frequently. So it's back to the Lean Cuisine and of course...chocolate.
3. Brainpower; do you like me need to stave off depression, if so how do you do it?
Therapy and drugs. Yes, I'm should exercise, but...
4. How about a story that lifts your spirits, is there a book or film that you return to to stave off the gloom?
I tuned in to Mama Mia on Sunday night, by accident, and that did the trick!
5. Looking forward, do you have a favourite spring flower/ is there something that says spring is here more than anything else?
I love to see all the spring flowers as they arrives. The pussy willows are showing up. I saw Forsythias at the market the other day. Daffodils. And for the grand finale, Peonys!