Saturday, July 28, 2007
And is this important to me? And what would this look like? I just met my beloved 16 years ago. It seems sad to see her no more at the end of life. And what about my parents? And friends? And family...that is the ones I want to see. These are questions I have yet to answer for myself because, of course no-one really knows. In Catholic School we were assured that if we followed all the rules-which seem to be changing rapidly and followed differently by different Catholics- that we would live forever in the sight of God after a nominal period time in Purgatory which seemed like a pretty bad place in itself. Well, in the eyes of the Holy Roman See, I've commited so many crimes... I mean sins, that I should be deep into the hot place. Yet once a month I get together with like minded Catholic women-of varying degrees of Catholicity-to discuss and pray. I do meaningful work. I try to treat people as I would want to be treated. I feel like a pretty good person, although deeply flawed.
So, what would heaven look like. Would they have their own internet. It would probable be done without a keyboard, just using your mind. Probably wouldn't have fingers either. Would there be chocolate or books? Would we be reunited with everyone even that boy that was mean to me in the high shool cafeteria? And those nuns in HS that I suspect suspected that I was flirting with another girl-I didn't even have a word for it at that time, but apparently she had a reputation. Had I but known!
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
My beloved baked me a Happy Birthday Cherry Pie!
Some things that happened on July 25th courtesy of Wikepedia
0. 1946 - Operation Crossroads: An atomic bomb is detonated underwater in the lagoon of Bikini atoll.
0. 1946 - At Club 500 in Atlantic City, New Jersey, Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis stage their first show as a comedy team.
0. 1952 - The U.S. non-incorporated colonial territory of Puerto Rico adopts a "constitution" of local-limited powers, approved by the United States Congress in contravention of then-current International Law.
0. 1953 - The Cartoon Duck Dodgers in the 24½th Century is released prehaps the most famous Merrie Melodies cartoon starring Duck Dodgers, Porky Pig, and Marvin The Martain.
0. 1956 - 45 miles south of Nantucket Island, the Italian ocean liner SS Andrea Doria collides with the MS Stockholm in heavy fog and sinks the next day, killing 51.
More Events and Birthdays-
0. 1961 - John F. Kennedy speech emphasizes that any attack on Berlin is an attack on NATO.
0. 1946 - Rita Marley, Jamaican-Cuban singer
0. 1951 - Verdine White, American bassist
0. 1954 - Walter Payton, American football player (d. 1999)
0. 1955 - Iman Abdulmajid, Somali model
0. 1955 - Kike Elomaa, Finnish bodybuilder
0. 1958 - Thurston Moore, American musician (Sonic Youth)
0. 1960 - Alain Robidoux, Canadian snooker player
0. 1963 - Julian Hodgson, English chess player
0. 1963 - Denis Coderre, French Canadian politician
0. 1965 - Illeana Douglas, American actress
0. 1966 - Christine C. Quinn, American politician
0. Inca festival in honor of the thunder god Ilyap'a
Roman festivals - Furinalia
0. Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
Ebernoe Horn Fair in Sussex, southern England
0. Saint Chlodesindis, virgin [Metz, Liège]
0. Saint Thea
Monday, July 23, 2007
Your Brain's Pattern
You have a tempered, reasonable way of thinking.
You tend to take every new idea in, and meld it with your world view.
For you, everything is always changing. Each moment is different.
Your thinking process tends to be very natural - with no beginnings or endings.