Friday, August 22, 2008
Songbird said: "It's Friday afternoon, Eastern Time, and this is your faithful Songbird with a calendar-related Friday Five. Due to some confusion with our dates, I'm stepping in today, although I am usually here only on the 5th Friday, when there is such a thing.
Here are five things to ponder about dates. I hope you'll play!"
1) Datebooks--how do you keep track of your appointments? Electronically? On paper? Month at a glance? Week at a glance?
I usually keep a paper datebook, a PDA which has just been replaced by an Iphone, and various other calendars. I'm a wee bit neurotic about time, being on time, being there, not missing important appointments etc.
2) When was the last time you forgot an important date?
Probably about two years ago when I missed an appointment with my therapist, and WHAT did THAT mean?
3) When was the last time you went OUT on a date?
According to BL, not recently enough. Maybe tomorrow or Sunday
4) Name one accessory or item of clothing you love even though it is dated.
My numerous pairs of black trousers, though they're never out of date in NY/
5) Dates--the fruit--can't live with 'em? Or can't live without 'em?
I like them especially in cookies. My mother used to stuff them with cream cheese or nuts. Yum