Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Today is my Birthday
My beloved baked me a Happy Birthday Cherry Pie!
Some things that happened on July 25th courtesy of Wikepedia
0. 1946 - Operation Crossroads: An atomic bomb is detonated underwater in the lagoon of Bikini atoll.
0. 1946 - At Club 500 in Atlantic City, New Jersey, Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis stage their first show as a comedy team.
0. 1952 - The U.S. non-incorporated colonial territory of Puerto Rico adopts a "constitution" of local-limited powers, approved by the United States Congress in contravention of then-current International Law.
0. 1953 - The Cartoon Duck Dodgers in the 24½th Century is released prehaps the most famous Merrie Melodies cartoon starring Duck Dodgers, Porky Pig, and Marvin The Martain.
0. 1956 - 45 miles south of Nantucket Island, the Italian ocean liner SS Andrea Doria collides with the MS Stockholm in heavy fog and sinks the next day, killing 51.
More Events and Birthdays-
0. 1961 - John F. Kennedy speech emphasizes that any attack on Berlin is an attack on NATO.
0. 1946 - Rita Marley, Jamaican-Cuban singer
0. 1951 - Verdine White, American bassist
0. 1954 - Walter Payton, American football player (d. 1999)
0. 1955 - Iman Abdulmajid, Somali model
0. 1955 - Kike Elomaa, Finnish bodybuilder
0. 1958 - Thurston Moore, American musician (Sonic Youth)
0. 1960 - Alain Robidoux, Canadian snooker player
0. 1963 - Julian Hodgson, English chess player
0. 1963 - Denis Coderre, French Canadian politician
0. 1965 - Illeana Douglas, American actress
0. 1966 - Christine C. Quinn, American politician
0. Inca festival in honor of the thunder god Ilyap'a
Roman festivals - Furinalia
0. Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
Ebernoe Horn Fair in Sussex, southern England
0. Saint Chlodesindis, virgin [Metz, Liège]
0. Saint Thea