Search This Blog

Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday Five- Packing


Songbird in Packing for the BE and posted this FF :

With that in mind, here are five questions about packing to go on a trip.

1) Some fold, some roll and some simply fling into the bag. What's your technique for packing clothes?
I used to work with veterans and they all rolled, but I never got the technique down, so I definitely fold. I'd like to try the roll sometime. I once went to Marth Stewart.com and she has this comlicated process for folding. I had to print it and keep referring back, so tedious...

2) The tight regulations about carrying liquids on planes makes packing complicated. What might we find in your quart-size bag? Ever lose a liquid that was too big?
Just my Bumble and Bumble hair styling cream, tooth paste and drugs. All other products come from the freebies at the hotel.

3) What's something you can't imagine leaving at home?
iphone and books.

4) Do you have a bag with wheels?
We have bags that roll on the long side of the rectangle with four wheels and fold for a NY Apartment. Buy them online. Expensive but worth it.

5) What's your favorite reading material for a non-driving trip (plane, train, bus, ship)?
The latest gory mystery of course.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm concerned that I won't be able to avoid the wifi on the ship next week, since I now have an iPhone!

Deb said...

Ah, mysteries. Fun stuff. :)

altar ego said...

Ah, another mystery lover! I must have a book with me as well (I say book, singular, because I'm a slow reader).

angela said...

What's the link to those suitcases? I'd love to see them. We have so many books in our house that we might need to see it as a New York apartment...

Terri said...

never heard of folding rolling suitcases....have to check that out! now, if only the suitcase would roll the clothes for us?...