"I am at a life-changing juncture. I do not know which way I will go, but I have been thinking about the times, people and events that changed my life (for good or ill) in significant ways. For today's Friday Five, share with us five "fork-in-the-road" events, or persons, or choices. And how did life change after these forks in the road?"
What an interesting topic! I am on vacation and this will be a FF on Sunday. We are about to board a cruise to the Caribbean, momentarily and I'm blogging from the hotel!
So five live changing forks in the road:
1. I lived. My fathers first wife died having an abortion and he wanted my mother to have one too. She didn't. This was before they were legal.
2. I lived again. When I was about 6, I was hospitalized for bleeding from the kidneys which was undiagnosed. It resolved itself, without help from the doctors.
3. A friend offered to take me to an Al Anon meeting and there was an AA meeting down the hall. I said "I think I belong there." That was over 21 years ago. I lived again.
4. I was working in summer stock in Ohio and a scenic designer called from NY called to say, "Come to New York, darling, I have a job for you." I did.
4. I took a job at NOW. I met Beloved.
So hows that for forks in the road?
Must go repack for the cruise.