Search This Blog

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone


The new title picture was taken with my iPhone taken along the banks of the Potomac in DC on a visit to Bl's little family last weekend. It was a dark and stormy day and we were waiting for the demo's about prop 8 to begin. We never made it as we were in Virginia eating very slow Vietnamese food while the sky's opened and I was overruled, sigh.

I'm very thankful for having a place to go for dinner today and a place to eat without having to cook. I'm so grateful to have BL in my life for going on 18 years. She is the light of my life, through thick and thin. I'm also grateful for having this chance to live in the same city as Godchild for once in our lives and to get to know her a little better. She's a wonderful, smart, special person. I'm also grateful to have my Aunt Julie who celebrated her 90th birthday in August and is going strong and my cousin Michelle who I got to know as an adult because out parents didn't speak (family!) Healing can happen.  I'm very glad to have a job in these difficult times and in a career and I really do love despite my occasional complaints. I'm a lucky woman! I have friends and many things to be grateful for.

Today we will be going to BL's former vegetarian aunt. She decided around her 80th birthday that she wanted a hot dog and it was downhill from there. She's a very good cook. The guests will be her gay son and his partner, her straight son-the holistic dentist and his wife-the home schooler and two children, her brother and two children and my godchild the grown women. Oh and a dog, me and BL. Quite a diverse crowd. Godchild's husband the Ghanaian surgeon has to work today as he's a resident-he has to work all the time. Shortly BL will be getting up to make a chocolate cake. Two chocolate cakes are expected. Think I'll skip the Turkey. I have five, count em, five days of subway free commute less days of going to Brooklyn. Yeah!

I must start shopping for the various birthdays, Hanukkah and Christmas presents and stuff but that may be a done lot on line, though being in NY I do like the sample sales and have gotten some swell bargains in the past. If you're in the, google sample sales. There are lots of them-in the garmento district- and they are lots of fun and good bargains.

3 comments:

Auntie Knickers said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Sounds like a great crowd of interesting people you'll be dining with!

Barbara B. said...

You do have lots to be thankful for! Happy T-day, friend!

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

A hot dog at 80! ROFLOL!