Search This Blog

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Bat Mitzvah Journals


No pictures right now as I'm blogging from the hotel and the computer won't let me add pics, alas...

We drove to Bethesda Maryland for BL's niece's Bat Mitzvah yesterday. I left work at 12:30 and we arrived a mere 6.6 hours later in Bethesda, with a lovely stop for lunch, in 
Bordentown, NJ?. We ran into BL's cousin at the bar as we arrived and had dinner with him and BL's brother at the hotel. I'm really tired, after sleeping in till 6:30 this moring. The services are from 9:30 to 12: or so this morning. note: I discovered that you don't really have to arrive on time when the Bat Mitzvah girl related a phone conversation with a friend where the friend said "like do I really have to be there at 9:30!" and the BMG replied, "no be there around 10:00 or so." The blessed event as Bl and I keep calling it will be held at at Adat Shalom in Cabin John, MD. Pray for me, the women of no patience for long services. But they do have a tadpole pond!

The Jewish people are not so strict with their schedules as us Catholics.

No comments: