This weeks Friday Five has to do with all the game shows that have taken over the airways since the writers strike has taken away real tv. You remember that, Grey's Anatomy, House, Bones etc.
Well, our task is to choose the five things that we would do if a million dollars suddenly showed up in our bank account.
1. I'd call the bank to report the mistake-just kidding- Ok I really did win it on "1 VS 100" my personal favorite of this lot.
2. I'd buy a place to live for my me and my partner that's bigger than 500 sq. ft.this used to be called a studio apartment but is now called a "junior one"apartment inflation! Actually that should about cover the down payment in NYC, and we'd be left with a large mortgage. (A junior one in my building is selling for just under $600,000. and I want 2 bedrooms, is this too much to ask?)
3. OK, I'm giving myself a downstate living allowance (something the state actually gives me.) Let's make it $2,000,000. I'd also quit my job and go into private practice as a therapist.
4. I'd be much more generous to the non-profits and charities that I now support on a much more modest level.
5. Of course I'd put some in my retirement fund, which is still too slim.