Friday, November 23, 2007
Friday Five-Black Friday
1. Did you go elsewhere for the day, or did you have visitors at your place instead? How was it?
-We usually go to BL's aunt and cousin. Her aunt if a fine cook and her cousin trained in France. Alas, due to my illness, we stayed home. After dinner a couple of friends dropped by.
2. Main course: If it was the turkey, the whole turkey, and nothing but the turkey, was it prepared in an unusual way? Or did you throw tradition to the winds and do something different?
-Turkey Breast-Roasted, Sweet Potatoes. Squash, Peas. That's it. Beloved cooked, very nicely. Not being able to eat dairy sucks!
3. Other than the meal, do you have any Thanksgiving customs that you observe every year?
-Just visiting Beloveds family. Although I have gone to the Macy's parade...once.
4. The day after Thanksgiving is considered a major Christmas shopping day by most US retailers. Do you go out bargain hunting and shop ‘till you drop, or do you stay indoors with the blinds closed? Or something in between?
-If I have the day off-I wouldn't have had it today, but, you know...gall blader-I'd be shopping. I'm going to try some shopping today, with my godchild, but in NYC, walking is-well-a marathon. So we'll see how it goes.
5. Let the HOLIDAY SEASON commence! When will your Christmas decorations go up?
-We're very low key on Christmas decorations as Beloved is Jewish. Usually a Menorah and some dreidels. We got married in a synogogue and our ketubah says that we will celebrate Jewish holidays. Occasionally I'll get a wreath or some lights for our 11th floor window. ( I celebrate Christmas, too! and Beloved has learned some traditions.)