Search This Blog

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Friday Five on Saturday


ReverendMother says "Well friends, as I prepare for the birth of Bonus Baby, it's time to simplify life, step back from the Friday Five, and let one of the other capable and creative RevGals take the helm. It's been a great almost 17 months of co-hosting the F5, but it's time to say goodbye... so here's my swan song." These are the questions she asks.

On Endings and Goodbyes:

1. Best ending of a movie/book/TV show:
Would have to be the ending for "Six Feet Under." a true wrap up which shows the demise of all of the characters.

2. Worst ending of a movie/book/TV show:
And on another channel it would have to be the "Sopranos" well you know why.

3. Tell about a memorable goodbye you've experienced:
A great love of came back into my my young live (after an unwanted hiatus) and was on her way to Alaska. I though that when she returned it would be happy ever after...boy was I wrong. She drove me to visit my parents in Ohio and we had a great weekend, then we said goodbye at the end of the driveway. I saw her years later. And she took my damned guitar!

4. Is it true that "all good things must come to an end"? Apparently.

5. "Everything I ever let go of has claw marks on it." --Anne Lamott
Discuss:
Not for me. I like change. My current job of 10 years is the longest I've ever had-and with a transfer to a different town to make it bearable. And throwing things out-wonderful for making room for new things!


Bonus: "It isn't over until the fat lady sings." I've never loved this expression. So propose an alternative: "It isn't over until giving credit where credit is due, Kate Smith sings!

No comments: