Friday, August 17, 2007
"This one is patterned off an old Friday Five written by Songbird, our Friday Five Creator Emerita:"
(From my mind addled from lack of sleep , being up with with neuropathy and parasthesia from my personal boulder to push uphill, Cauda Equina Syndrome. (oh and a fever, I must have the flu. I DID call in sick for the first time in 8 months!)
"Below you will find five words. Tell us the first thing you think of on reading each one. Your response might be simply another word, or it might be a sentence, a poem or a story."
1. vineyard-growing up in an orchard including a vineyard. This time of year was heavenly with all kind of fresh fruit for the picking! And it smelled divine!
2. root- my relationship with my beloved has strong roots- I thought of that because I was watching Elvira Kurtz on "First Comes Love"- a LOGO tv show where she flys same sex couples to Canada and arranges marriages. Part of the vows- last night-the couple said "our relationship is like a big tree with strong roots and sheltering branches." Awww... I thought, ours too.
3. rescue-my beloved rescued me last night when I needed someone to hold on to.
4. perseverance-to get through the pain
5. divided- my Church-the Catholic Church and has been for a long time and me with it.
This one caught me at a vulnerable moment.