Search This Blog

Friday, August 17, 2007

Friday Five


"This one is patterned off an old Friday Five written by Songbird, our Friday Five Creator Emerita:"

(From my mind addled from lack of sleep , being up with with neuropathy and parasthesia from my personal boulder to push uphill, Cauda Equina Syndrome. (oh and a fever, I must have the flu. I DID call in sick for the first time in 8 months!)

"Below you will find five words. Tell us the first thing you think of on reading each one. Your response might be simply another word, or it might be a sentence, a poem or a story."

1. vineyard-growing up in an orchard including a vineyard. This time of year was heavenly with all kind of fresh fruit for the picking! And it smelled divine!

2. root- my relationship with my beloved has strong roots- I thought of that because I was watching Elvira Kurtz on "First Comes Love"- a LOGO tv show where she flys same sex couples to Canada and arranges marriages. Part of the vows- last night-the couple said "our relationship is like a big tree with strong roots and sheltering branches." Awww... I thought, ours too.

3. rescue-my beloved rescued me last night when I needed someone to hold on to.

4. perseverance-to get through the pain

5. divided- my Church-the Catholic Church and has been for a long time and me with it.

This one caught me at a vulnerable moment.

4 comments:

chartreuseova said...

It makes me sad that the Church (both Roman Catholic & denominational) that should unite us in God's love is so divided.

Mary Beth said...

Ouch! CES sounds awful!

Glad you have someone great to lean on.

Rev SS said...

I too am sad about the unhealthy divisions. Yet, I believe that they are a result of necessary growth. And we are experiencing the growing pains.

Diane M. Roth said...

I hope you are feeling better. good play, especially the smell of the vineyard!