Search This Blog

Loading...

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Stuff Follow Up


Thanks for all of your support and particularly advice from Teri and Jooli. I have talked to a lawyer who gave me similar advice to that of yours. I kept my head low through the holidays, skipping both holiday parties. (and that's another story.)
Things have been calming down. I still feel, keenly, the loss of my friend. I have processed and processed this with my therapist, God bless her. She feels the friendship if there is ever a chance for healing, is damaged beyond repair.
I'll call her Sheila and I are still not speaking, though before the last management team meeting she did ask "How was your Holiday." And I answered. "Quiet." And I asked back. This was the longest communication we have had. When you have an organization with one person-at this time-at the top of the chart and 4 people (Sheila and me) at the second layer. It's hard to find friends. The other two are two very nice men, one an ultra-orthodox (anti abortion, anti women on the altar) Catholic, the other just a very nice psychologist.
On other fronts we have a vacation coming up, a cruise to the Caribbean at the end of the month, and boy do I need to get away. Hmm, I wonder if they need counselors in Belize...?

2 comments:

Terri said...

oh my. I continue to feel sad that this has developed in this way. I hope it gets worked out, for the better. But I know all to well that sometimes, despite doing all the "right" and "healthy" and appropriate things, it does not. enjoy the cruise, have fun, and rest!

Beth said...

Broken friendships hurt. I'm sorry. Prayers for you to find fun and relaxation as you travel, along with a bit of envy.