Search This Blog

Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday Five Words


Jan posted this thoughtful FF, Words:
"For this Friday Five, please list five words that identify your passions, spirituality, and/or life. Describe as much or as little as you wish."
This is a difficult one, so many words and only five to choose, and I love words!

1. Artistic-My first love was art. From an early age I was drawing and painting and as a kid I had a girl scout cookie box-the big one, that held a bunch of boxed to deliver with. to hold my art supplies, and I carried it everywhere. I was prepared to do my art when my mother was visiting her friends etc. No need to have a fancy tackle box or porfolio, I was prepared. I still have those tackle boxes from my undergrad. degree in Art Ed. no fine art degree in the school of my budget requirement. Still filled with the fine brushes I bought. And the first thing I bought when I came to NY was an oversized drawing table. I belonged to a feminist art collective that rented a huge loft in the village. I think my share of the rent was $25 a month-which was a lot in 1974!

2. Introvert. OK my Meyers Briggs is INFP and I'm the classic Introvert. Being around a group of people exausts me and I need a rest after a wedding or Bar Mitzah-happens to me more than you might think! Why am I a counselor. Hmm...look at the rest of the INFP of the Meyers Briggs Inverntory!

3. Visual-I'm always looking and commenting. I notice things. What people are wearing. Signs. Changed in people Everything. Once when Beloved and I were looking at apartments, we left an apartment and she asked what I though and I said the living room would have bigger without the grand piano. She said "What piano." C'est la difference!"

4. Depressive- Yes I am.

5. Disabled-that too. I have a hidden disability, Cauda Equina Syndrome. I walk with a cane. It's a spinal cord injury, actually an injury of the nerve roots that come from the base of the spine-the Cauda Equina-the Horses Tail. There are a lot of other features that I won't bore you with, but I do relate with the Disabled Community.

4 comments:

Sally said...

Takes bravery to admit to being a depressive, great list, guessing being who you are makes you an excellent counsellor.

angela said...

I always love reading your Friday Five and wish you wrote to us more.

Me too, INFP and sometimes wish I'd pursued my interest in counseling. Or just tutoring. I started as an Art Major and got into trouble when I listened to my mom and changed the major to English. Easily influenced by the words "what are you gonna do with that?!"

Mary Beth said...

Good for you. Another depressive INFP, here. Hope BL is doing ok...

Muthah+ said...

I love the piano--I have a partner that is the same.