Friday, January 22, 2010
Friday Five Traveling
Songbird posted this Friday Five: Trains, Planes and Automobiles
By the time you're reading this, I'll be en route to a Great Big City to see my son in a play. I'll go by car and bus and train and no doubt cab and maybe even subway. Thus, our Friday Five:
1) What was the mode of transit for your last trip?
My last vacation was for my birthday and involved an automobile and a ferry. It was a good combination as the ferry-Cape Mays, came near the end of the journey as we got weary of driving and was scenic and had snacks and a bathroom!
2) Have you ever traveled by train?
Oh yes we did and overnight and in one of those scenic ones with a glass top-in the Canadian Rockies. Liked the glass top. Not fond of the overnight as the train always seems to rock the wrong way-foot to head, not side to side.
3) Do you live in a place with public transit, and if so, do you use it?
Every day, subway and often cabs.
4) What's the most unusual vehicle in which you've ever traveled?
Hmmm, I fly without vehicle in my dreams.
5) What's the next trip you're planning to take?
We'll be taking a cruise with 16,000 of our closest (lesbian) friends on Olivia Cruises to Mexico and Belize at the end of February. Can't wait!