Search This Blog

Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday Five the Appliance Edition


Sally posted this FF: "As I write this I am waiting for my new dishwasher to be delivered, it along with my washing machine and vacuum cleaner are household appliances that I consider indispensable! Others not so much, we decided not to replace our tumble drier when the old one finally gave out last year, and I can honestly say I haven't really missed it. My hubby Tim and I often disagree about which household appliances are really necessary and which ones aren't, we also enjoy a few luxury items, my one of favourites is a juicer, and Tim's is our all singing all dancing filter coffee maker- it has a thermos jug so the coffee stays nice and hot without the aid if a heat element."

My old High School friend MKC who just bought a fixer upper should enjoy reading these, so note to MK, go to Revgalblogpals in the right hand column and click to see who responded to the Friday Five. 

So being in a domestic frame of mind I thought I'd ask;


1. What is the one appliance you simply couldn't be without?

My Kitchen is so small ( drum roll///\\\"How small is it") A really a small box adjacent to the large shoe box that is my apartment, that it holds a refrigerator, cook top (don't think fancy here-four burners) oven, sink, some cabinets, a microwave, coffeemaker, Cuisinart, shelves, drawers and lots and lots of take out menus! The one thing I couldn't live without is my refrigerator because I love my cold beverages, not alcoholic.

2. What if anything would you happily give up?

I would gladly give up the section of wall connecting the room to the living room which would open up both rooms.

3. What is the most strangest household appliance you own?

It's a none electric appliance, but I have a little pair of scissors shaped like a little chicken, that belonged to my mother, that can cut the top off  of a soft boiled egg. I also have my mothers knives-she was a butcher and meat cutter.

4. What is the most luxurious household appliance you own?

Have you SEEN my kitchen?

5. Tell us about your dream kitchen- the sky is the limit here....

Start with one of those kitchens like Hazel had only updated, with a huge island and a refrigerator that does everything especially makes ice on the door. ( I don't even have room to make ice in the fridge!) Then go on from there...

9 comments:

Sally said...

Great play, love #2 & 4!

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

My grandmother had a pair of scissors that sounded exactly like the one you are describing.

QuakerPastor said...

I want a pair of those scissors!

RevHRod said...

Does the frig have a tv in the door? Or just ice? They're making some really strange ones out there! ;-)

Barbara B. said...

#4 made me laugh!!! (So did the earlier drum roll.)

And I had forgotten all about Hazel!!

altar ego said...

I used to have a kitchen like the one you're in now, maybe even smaller! I want one of those all-things-to-all-eaters fridges, too!

RevAnne said...

We might need pictures of the little egg scissors. Great play!

Jane said...

My grandma had some of those egg scissors - I just wish I like boiled eggs! Hope you get a bigger kitchen one day!

Jan said...

I love the idea of your mom's scissors.