I've been thinking a lot about this as I have a BIG Birthday coming this July 25th. I won't say which, but it doesn't start with a 5 or 7. It does give a sense of urgency to things as I read the obits in the NY Times and see more and more people in my age group buying the farm, kicking the bucket-you get the point. Additionally, last year I had major surgery and went through the whole process of signing all the papers that made beloved my unplugger (because even though we're married in Canada-in the eyes of the USA we are only good friends-sigh.) It kind of makes you think of these things.
So, Singing Owl said:"It's a Bucket List Friday Five, Gals and Pals!
I wrote this Friday Five a while back but was unable to post it. Just saying, so you know I am not ill! :-) Actually I am heading out of town and will not be able to read your posts till sometime early next week, but I'll do so then. Have fun, and don't think too hard about this one. I figured we were due for some fun after Lent and Good Friday and Easter and all that churchy stuff!
Four days of being mostly in bed with a really bad case of flu (do not worry--I will give no detail) has me pondering the fragility of life. LOL! Death, however, has been cheated in my case and I am up and taking nourishment. In that vein of thought, do you have a "Bucket List"? In other words, from the movie of the same name, five things you want to see, do, accomplish, etc. before you kick the bucket?"
1. I would mostly love to have a place with a little extra room to do my projects and breath. We're in the process (almost typed processing-how about that? see the post before last) Make that one with refrigerator that makes ice cubes on the door.
2. I would like to do more traveling while I can still walk around and enjoy myself ( I have a kind of spinal cord injury see posts marked Cauda Equina Syndrome-and though it's not progressive, I use a cane and aging seems to bring it's own problems like arthritis which is making things a little worse.)
3. Under traveling, how about France, more of Italy, London, and lets get fanciful Bali, Thailand and there about, Australia. Cruising and in particular with Olivia . I've always wanted to sail from here to Europe. In my younger days I wanted to do a solo sail, not anymore.
4. I wish I could retire and volunteer as an art teacher. That was my first career. One that I never actually did.
5. I'd love to actually find a church that I love and feel a part of.
I may add to this but this is it for now and I have to go to work!