Search This Blog

Monday, February 2, 2009

Ground Hog Day


Ground Hog Day was one of my favorite holidays ever since I was a child and I believed such things. The winters were cold and snowy in Ohio and by February I got really tired of them. So the promise of a shortened winter was all I needed. Punksatawney Pete (sp?) lived in the neighboring state of Pennsylvania and a big deal was made on local TV stations. So today I hope he doesn't see his shadow and here's to a shortened winter. BTW, speaking of woodland creatures, I'm sounding like a Bullfrog since Saturday.

2 comments:

Barbara B. said...

Well, dang, he saw his shadow. And sorry about the Bullfrog voice! :)

Terri said...

You may want that part of my life that happens outside of work....but the rest of it...you don't want....I am self-differentiatedly challenged these days...(is that a word? or a concept?)...
:-)