There are only five full days before Christmas Day, and whether you use them for shopping, wrapping, preaching, worshiping, singing or traveling or even wishing the whole darn thing were over last Tuesday, there's a good chance they will be busy ones.
So let's make this easy, if we can: tell us five things you need to accomplish before Christmas Eve."
1. Friday- Work, If I decide to go. Been fighting this darn sinus infection and now I sound like a bull frog. Tonight I have the Catholic Lesbians Wrapping Party where we bring and wrap presents for homeless children (from a NYC homeless organization) while eating pizza! Maybe I should stay home to rest up for that? But the cleaning lady is coming today, sigh.
2. Saturday-I'm getting a haircut, then going to a party for Hannukah given by a friend of Beloveds (and me too,)
3. Sunday- As yet unplanned except Hannukah starts at sundown! I must get the gifts together! I will go to church... somewhere.
4. Monday- Work- enough said. Then therapy, and thank God for that! Second Day of Hannukah
5. Tuesday- Work-Closing session of a supported employment program review run by orthodox Jews in the depths of Brooklyn. Third Day of Hannukah.
Most of my shopping is done. Plans for Christmas are usually low key. If Godchild's husband is working at the hospital-he's a surgical resident so there's a good chance. We'll probably make a plan for the three of us. Maybe dinner out then a movie. I really want to see Milk.
And for a little levity to help you relax: