Singing Owl posted this weeks Friday Five and since we're about to leave for the New Jersey Shore it's perfect-I'm not packed!
"We will be at a chaplain's convention when you all are answering the Friday Five Questions. I'll look forward to reading your answers next week when I get home. At the moment we are trying to get the car loaded so we can hit the road, so this will be a simple F.F. This running around madly in order to leave has me wondering: what are the five things you simply must have when you are away from home? And why? Any history or goofy things, or stories?"
1. Well, I'm reluctant to leave home without my computer, although it's awfully heavy, and now that I have my IPHONE! I can check my e-mail and send e-mail -at least theoretically- Apple is still working things out) and surf the web without it!
2. If there's a pool nearby, a suit, bathing-that is.
3. If we're staying in a hotel, something decent that I can slip into in the dark to go to the lobby. BL sleeps much later than I do. I have to have coffee and read.
4. Various meds. I have Cauda Equina Syndrome- a kind of Spinal Cord Injury- a hidden disability, which requires some pain control. Here's the story- When we went to Italy, what do you think I forgot, my Topamax-not a controlled substance. Our Bella guide, listened to my panic and took us to a local Farmacia. It turns out her brother was a doctor and well known in the small town. She was able to talk the pharmacist into give me a supply-very expensive!
5. Books. Must have the books!
6. Of course toiletries, clothes, shoes, all the rest...