Search This Blog

Monday, June 2, 2008

Meme from Views from the Road


Barb at Views from the Road tagged me for this:
1.) What first tells you that summer is here?
It's when my Tevas start to beg me: "Wear us to work! Wear us to work!"

2.) Name five of your favorite distinctively summer habits or customs.
* Wearing my Tevas to work (you knew that was coming)
* Vacations & long weekends away.
* Swimming in the pool at my health club (with the roof open) "Hey! Stop that honking!"
* My birthday, July 25th.
* Making salads with tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, extra virgin olive oil and basil, etc. from the greenmarket.


3.) What is your favorite smell of summer?
Any smell outside of NYC~~~~~~

4.) What is your favorite taste of summer?
There's a place called Shake Shack a little park not far away. Great charbroiled burgers and frozen custard!

5.) Favorite summer memory?
Playing in our huge backyard in Ohio. Not having to wear a shirt!

6.) Extreme heat or extreme cold? Which would you choose and why?
If I had to pick one, I'd rather be cold than hot. (Because you can dress for the cold...) I left this one, but I really prefer no extremes. And my office with bad ventilation-really no ventilation is 80-85o year round.

7.) What books do you plan to read for the season?
I have a stack of books at any one time. It's constantly being replenished. Right now I'm reading Parched by Heather King the book preceding Redeemed. I'm not caring for it, it seems too much like what alcoholics call a drunkalog, like a travelogue only about a drinking a drinking history.

8.) How does the summer affect your faith? Is it a hindrance or an ally?
Since I'm in the phase of actually going to church services, I'd say good. Since in the winter winter I tend to stay inside.

1 comment:

Barbara B. said...

Hooray for Tevas!!! :)