Friday, April 4, 2008
With this Sunday's gospel reading in mind, that wonderful revelation of Christ to the companions on the Emmaus road. I wonder where you might have been surprised by God's revelation recently. (Hmmm, so that's what Emmaus means?)
So with no further waffle I offer you this weeks Friday 5:
When I first read this, I thought, not really...That's what I'm doing here. Searching for that Sign. Well. I'm still the searching agnostic in the woodpile of Revgals, alas. So you will find here plenty of waffling.
How has God revealed him/herself to you in a:
1. Book- I've read many wonderful books through my life, from To Kill a Mockingbird, on. I recently read, Eat, Pray, Love. But did I see the revelation of God, I can't say.
2. Film- I've seen many films of man's humanity to man, actualy not many as I don't go to many films for some reason, but I've seen more that leave me crying and sad like Gallipoli and Brokeback Mountain.
3. Song- I can't think of any.
4. Another person- Well, there is the beauty and love I see in my Beloved's eyes.
5. Creation- The buds popping from the the tree right now.