Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Doctor Shopping


Mrs Dumple decides who will have the
privilege of removing her gall bladder.

And that's what I will be doing starting this morning. It seems that my "Hep A" turned out to be an expired gall bladder-one producing stones, rocks and boulders rather than what it is supposed to be doing-not quite sure what that is, but I have a vauge idea. Yes, the yellowness, fever, pain were not the slightly sexy Hep A, but the dowdy, common gall bladder disease. Yuck. Doesn't it seem old, Well apparently it's THE most common surgery performed on WOMEN! wow.

I talked to my-no plan-doctor who recomended a-non-plan-surgeon. $$$$$$$$ later, I looked on my plan website. 199 general surgeons. I faxed the list to my doc who chose two, both it turned out do only hernias. Hey, I asked for a general surgeon and that's what was listed. False advertising! So it seems there is a gall bladder guy in the practice. (the gall bladder is green in all illustrations-is that right?) I'm seeing him this morning. Stay tuned.

P.S. IF YOU HAVE HAD THIS SURGERY AND HAVE HAD LESS THAN A GOOD EXPERIENCE, DO LEAVE ME DETAILS AS I AM A GLUTTON FOR PUNISHMENT. Thank you.

2 comments:

Jan said...

My husband had the laproscopic gall bladder surgery about 20 years ago. It's probably even better now! Things went very well for him. Hope everything goes well for you, too.

Processing Counselor said...

Thanks, Jan.